Tim began his career in the competitive New York City real estate market working as a broker leasing ground floor retail units. Here, he saw the true potential of real estate to transform lives. Although Tim was limited in means, he spent his time reading, attending workshops, and networking with accomplished entrepreneurs learning that being resourceful was the ultimate path to becoming successful.
With this knowledge, Tim embarked on building his real estate company. Armed with his personal investment and plenty of sweat equity, Tim transformed a rundown duplex and turned a profit on his first deal. He then took those proceeds and reinvested them, while seeking private capital to expand his growing company. Since then, he’s done hundreds of residential flips, turn-key and development deals and over 1300 units in multi-family and another 700 units under contract.
Some of the topics discussed:
- How it’s easier to get larger commercial loans than loans for residential flips
- Bring innovative and creative ideas to commercial real estate and it will be a game changer for you
- Buy, rehab, rent, refinance – Tim’s method to success
- There are acres of diamonds in your own backyard… there are deals in every single market
- Ways to find the great commercial real estate deals no matter the market
A breakdown of traditional syndication and the problems inherent in it
Tim’s unique way of syndicating deals
- Staying focused on one asset class that you are good at and have proven results
- Resourcefulness is the most valuable resource
This podcast originally appeared on the Commit to Wealth Podcast with Juan Vargas.